Friday, April 8, 2011

Tristan's Blog

Dear readers,
In this blog I will be talking about a few things such as food, staff food, along with the diverse environment. This is also a student led expedition. So we were running the show`.
To start off I want to tell what the environment was like. For most of the expedition it was very swamp like, humid, buggy, and full of wildlife. In fact one night I was sleeping in my ENO hammock and was awoken at 3am by an owl. I was so shocked. It sounded like it was right next to me. But anyway the environment was so sweet. I enjoyed the environment very much.
The rest of the expedition was more of a salt mash consistency such as mud instead of dirt or sand, reeds instead of trees, and most of all brackish water instead of fresh water. Those were the most drastic changes that I noticed.
Ok, now let’s move on to the food. You would think that since I am bringing up food that we had really good food, not at all. Every day we had oatmeal for breakfast, pb&j or crackers with summer sausage. Then for dinner we had pasta every night. I never want to have oatmeal again. That’s the food topic.
That was the lead up to the staff getting sick of our food. They finally decided to take control of the meal plans. Nat cooked hash browns with scrambled eggs, green bell peppers, and onions all mixed into one pot of deliciousness. For lunch we had pb&j, and dinner was burritos containing refried black beans, rice and more.
Now Mr. Evan Small on the other hand cooked chocolate chip pancakes for breaky. For lunch it was lunch meat and for dinn dinn we had pesto pizza. Once again the staff swoop in to save the expedition with outstanding food.
To sum it all up it all this was one my favorite expedition of the semester because it was student led and we (the students) were running the show.

Thanks for all the support. You know who you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment