Monday, April 25, 2011

Tristan bllog 4/25/11

 
As you know we went to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I will be writing about the wild horses we saw on Shackleford Island.

OK, lets get rolling. On the island there are about 150 wild horses. Our group’s goal was to see at least one wild horse.

We got dropped off on the island by a small ferry in the morning. When we got off the ferry, we did not see any horses and I was like “Well ok, they must not be in this location right now.” So we all walked down the beach about half a mile and we got to the middle of the island and there they were, five wild horses in all their glory. Evan Harr and Dustin Kenny walked up to the wild horses. They were within 5 feet of them and the horses acted like they weren’t even there. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. I thought “OMG, I cannot believe what I am seeing”. I was amazed how calm they were.

To conclude I had a blast at Shackleford Island. We saw wild horses for the first time for gosh sakes! Who could not be excited to see wild horses? We were all a little excited. What was my favorite highlight? Seeing wild horses of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment