Monday, April 25, 2011

jockey ridge is dustins

Jockey Ridge National Park

In my final blog I will be talking about what we did at Jockey Ridge National Park so here it goes..

The night before in our nightly meeting we were told that we were going to go to a national park and my thoughts were oh gosh we are going to have to learn something, good thing that was not the case.

So on our way to Jockey Ridge National Park we stopped at a general store and I saw our staff buy two boogie boards and all I thought was that we are going to a national park to learn something, why in the world would we have two boogie boards? That is when they told us that we were going to be sand surfing. I thought that it would be really a cool. It did not turn out so well.
When we got there, there were a lot of dunes and a really steep one so some of us tried to sand surf, but it did not work so we all ran and jumped off of it. When we jumped we were free falling for about five seconds because the hill was this steep. No joke! It was really fun.
After we all got bored with that we started to play war- kids against staff. Mitchell and I were the medic and the riflemen and my rank was a corporal so it was really fun.
` Almost at the end we pretended to call in an air raid because I said that the enemy had tanks. After we called in I told Ray-Ray that it would be funny if an actual plane from World War 2 came. After about five minutes of me telling him that a World War 2 plane flew across the dunes and it was so funny. After that we left and we went back to camp.
I think that this trip was really cool I really enjoyed it I am thankful that I got to go there.

Thank you everybody for reading my blogs but this is my final blog ever I will not be coming back thank you and have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment