Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Edistio River Expedition by Mitchell Harrison

This expedition Pangaea went to the Edisto River in South Carolina for two weeks.
One of the days it was so cold that I couldn’t feel my fingers and I had to put a pair of my socks on to keep my fingers warm.
We stayed at Givhen’s Ferry for two days. One of the days when we were staying there we played volleyball. After the volleyball game most of the people went swimming and fishing. Evan Small, Billy, Ray, and I played two on two volleyball. Evan Small and I won against Billy and Ray.
One of the days we went to a gas station and staff got us ice cream. It was great to have a special treat from the staff. Another day we got to go to a gas station to buy some snacks and some famous Cheerwine. I got a honey bun and some Oreo ice cream. While at the state park we all took showers because we hadn’t taken showers in two weeks.
We got to get out a day early on the river. Then we went to Charleston and got to see a lot of history at Charleston landing. We also got to see a very old ship that was used in the old times. I had a very fun time paddling on the Edisto River. It was my second time with Nat on a river. I can't wait to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment